en - Re: [sympa-users] student id and email address mapoing for authentication

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] student id and email address mapoing for authentication
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 08:15:20 +0100

address@concealed wrote:

1. student id for authentication and email address for authorization:

I want to setup md5 for authentication, however, some students have more than
one email address, school and dept. I prefer them to use the one from the
dept that they are in. I have a table which has studentID and associating
dept email addresses set up on the ML server already. Is there a simple way
to configure the site to use student id for authentication with corresponding
email address for authorization (subscription/post/review).

No there isn't unless you convert this RDBM table in a LDAP directory. But you can developp a new authentication methode. Not to hard, just a lack of internal documentation. Have a look at Auth.pm.

2. Auto Bounce management:

I've tried to configure the server to remove the users after 2 bounces
without success. I might not understand the document clearly. This type of
settings should go to sympa.conf or the config file of each list itself. I
tried both in sympa.conf and the config file of some lists but could not get
it working. When I specified level 2 bounce in sympa.conf it could not
recognize the syntax and refused to start sympa. I moved it to the config
file of a test list but seemed not working either. Am I missing something
here, can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

bounce_warn_rate bounce_halt_rate are sympa.conf parameters that can be redefined for each list using