en - RE: [sympa-users] student id and email address mapoing for authentication

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: "VAN HPHAN" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] student id and email address mapoing for authentication
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:55:22 -0800

> I might not state my question clearly ...
> I would like to remove users from the list after 2
> buonces (with or without notifying the list owner) I
> saw this can be done by "bounce level2 rate". Where
> should I specify this and how? I used the example in
> the doc but it seemed not working for me.

Here is the syntax you can use in any list's "config" file:

bouncers_level1
rate 30
notification listmaster
action remove_bouncers

(The easiest way to find these things is by going into the
Web interface for the list, changing the settings and saving
them, and then looking in the config file to see what changed.)

However, note that the "rate" is not the same thing as the
number of bounces -- it's a number calculated internally,
based on the number and type of bounces, according to some
formula of Sympa's that I do not know. So I don't know what
rate you would have to use to represent two hard bounces,
for instance.

Perhaps Serge will be able to comment further.

ab