en - [sympa-users] Troubleshooting on Fedora Core 3

  • From: A Stinson<address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Troubleshooting on Fedora Core 3
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:17:58 +0100

Hello List,

I am a long time LISTSERV site administrator, but I am looking at Sympa to
run some lists to integrate more tightly with a web site that I'm putting
together with Typo3. I like the idea that I can manage users with mysql.

I have installed Sympa on a fully patched fedora core 3 machine using
sendmail. I walked through each step and installed all dependencies. I have
it up and running and can access through the web. I'm still struggling with
sendmail, but that's another list.

In the upper left corner of my site is this message in a bright red box:

incorrect_server_config

Under it is:

auth failed

I have fastcgi installed. I don't know if it is enabled. I installed it as
an rpm and have rebooted since then and everything loads fine.

I have created a list through the command line, but it's not functional.

This is only my second week of Linux. I have been a Win32 person for over 12
years and while things are becoming easier, I still feel like I'm in the
"really dangerous" stage moving towards the "merely dangerous" when it comes
to Linux, so be gentle ;)

Am I missing something obvious?

Regards,

Amy Stinson