en - [sympa-users] Please. Pardon. Sympa is compatible with Plesk ?

  • From: "Ulisse" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Please. Pardon. Sympa is compatible with Plesk ?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:32:39 +0100

http://search.cpan.org/~andk/CPAN-1.76/

> Ulisse a écrit :
>
>> I'm only a newbie but I have attempted to install sympa in 2 server but i
>> have failed.
>> In a server (RH9 and Plesk 7.5, Pent4 1M RAM) i have the error :
>>  [root@air421 sympa-4.1.3]# make
>> Checking needed CPAN modules ...
>> /usr/bin/perl ./check_perl_modules.pl
>> Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
>> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi [...]
>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./check_perl_modules.pl line 23.
>> make: *** [checkcpan] Error 2
>> [root@air421 sympa-4.1.3]#
>> [...]
No. Excuse me. Pardon my complete stupidity.
But i need to test this software. ...
What do you meant about : "amisconfiguration problem on your server. Maybe
Perl itself is not properly installed...".
I have not installed perl for nothing. I have only used the perl
installation of plesk in 2 different server. One using RH9 and the other
usind RH Enterprise. .
http://www.sw-soft.com/en/products/plesk7reloaded/

Plesk is the most used php/perl panel in the world and if it is not
compatible with sympa it is a problem also for you and  Comité Réseau des
Université . I suppose.
Please. Can you explain better :  "amisconfiguration problem on your server.
Maybe Perl itself is
not properly installed..."
Here :
The CPAN perl module : http://search.cpan.org/~andk/CPAN-1.76/
Have you a different link with more complete CPAN INSTALLATION instruction ?
Here :http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node4.html instruction about sympa are
in details step by step.
Have you a link with step by step instruction (similar
http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node4.html ) for CPAN ?
What i have to do with this link ?
http://search.cpan.org/~andk/CPAN-1.76/
Have you step by step installation instructions ? A different detailed link,
for example ?
Why check_perl_modules.pl give me the strange errors that i have showed ?

  • [sympa-users] Please. Pardon. Sympa is compatible with Plesk ?, Ulisse, 02/07/2005