en - Re: [sympa-users] Can't locate Mail/Internet.pm in @INC and Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Ulisse <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Can't locate Mail/Internet.pm in @INC and Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:57:39 +0100

The main problem seem to be that the CPAN perl module is not available on your server, therefore Sympa cannot install all required perl modules.

We were never reported this problem before, though many people installed Sympa on RH 9, including us. Maybe you can install it manually, but I suspect amisconfiguration problem on your server. Maybe Perl itself is not properly installed...

The CPAN perl module : http://search.cpan.org/~andk/CPAN-1.76/

Ulisse a écrit :

I'm only a newbie but I have attempted to install sympa in 2 server but i have failed.
In a server (RH9 and Plesk 7.5, Pent4 1M RAM) i have the error :
[root@air421 sympa-4.1.3]# make
Checking needed CPAN modules ...
/usr/bin/perl ./check_perl_modules.pl
Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi [...]
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./check_perl_modules.pl line 23.
make: *** [checkcpan] Error 2
[root@air421 sympa-4.1.3]#
[...]