en - Re: [sympa-users] sympa equivalent to addr_xforms

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Paul Haldane <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympa equivalent to addr_xforms
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:35:59 +0200

Paul Haldane wrote:
Thanks - I know I'd seen some discussion of this somewhere.  I've added a note to ID 269.

Thank you, it will help us keep track of your request.
I'd assumed (wrongly it seems - but I hadn't got round to looking at the code) that members' alternate addresses were stored in the database.  I had planned to kludge this using a regular system job which
automatically added alternate forms for people who didn't already have them.  Messy and inefficient (and now it sounds like it wouldn't even work :-<).  Our requirements would be satisfied by something quite simple that just forced all email into a canonical form and then used that for lookups.

Maybe you could :
  1. canonify once all email addresses in Sympa database
  2. hack sympa.pl to canonify sender email addresses. This should be done in one place only...
This way all command/messages will appear with the official email address to Sympa.
A similar hack should be done to wwsympa.fcgi that provides the web interface.
--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités