en - RE: [sympa-users] sympa equivalent to addr_xforms

  • From: "Paul Haldane" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] sympa equivalent to addr_xforms
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:07:28 +0100

Thanks - I know I'd seen some discussion of this somewhere. I've added
a note to ID 269.

I'd assumed (wrongly it seems - but I hadn't got round to looking at the
code) that members' alternate addresses were stored in the database. I
had planned to kludge this using a regular system job which
automatically added alternate forms for people who didn't already have
them. Messy and inefficient (and now it sounds like it wouldn't even
work :-<). Our requirements would be satisfied by something quite
simple that just forced all email into a canonical form and then used
that for lookups.

Paul