en - Re: [sympa-users] list creatation with the code in CVS

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] list creatation with the code in CVS
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:06:09 +0200

Hi Robert,

You should not have to run chmod and chown with the default setup, where wwsympa.fcgi has the SetUID bit to run as user Sympa.

Robert G. Ristroph wrote:

[...]

The list was created, but the permissions don't look right -- they are owned
by the user and group that the webserver runs as, not the user sympa. Also,
there was no sub-directory named after the virtual host,
as you mention below.

I added these lines to wwwsympa.cgi (I renamed it from .fcgi because I
don't have that fast cgi stuff installed on my linux) at line 5217:

#inserted by RGR to fix permissions
system("chgrp -R sympa /home/sympa/expl/");
system("chmod -R a+rwx /home/sympa/expl/");
# system("ls -la /home/sympa/expl/ > /tmp/sympa_ls2");

The need to do that is probably a result of how Debian is set up, not
a problem with sympa. I tried to make sympa and www-data be members
of each other's groups, but I still haven't gotten it right because I
had to do this.

[...]

After writing that, I did eventually get everything working. I did it by
putting lines in sympa.pl and wwsympa.cgi that chmod'd and chown'd all files
correctly via sudo, and setting up sudo to allow those users
to do it without a password.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités