en - Re: [sympa-users] list creatation with the code in CVS

  • From: address@concealed (Rob Ristroph)
  • From: address@concealed (Robert G. Ristroph)
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] list creatation with the code in CVS
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 19:18:49 -0500

>>>>> "Olivier" == Olivier Salaun <- CRU <address@concealed>> writes:
Olivier>
Olivier> Robert G. Ristroph wrote:
>> [...]
Olivier> Oher templates should have been migrated by tpl2tt2.pl script
Olivier> ; if not let me know which one were left apart.

I'll look into that. By running a find command I can see that there
are more *.tpl files in /home/sympa than *.tt2 files. However that
may be the result of my other problems.

>> part of /var/log/sympa:
>>
>> [...]Aug 31 23:27:32 pizzabox wwsympa[32419]: [robot testsympa.internal]
>> [client 192.168.1.1] [user address@concealed] check_param_in: unknown list
>> new2
Olivier> You should check :
Olivier>
Olivier> 1. if the list have been created (list directory, config,
Olivier> aliases)

The list was created, but the permissions don't look right -- they are
owned by the user and group that the webserver runs as, not the user
sympa. Also, there was no sub-directory named after the virtual host,
as you mention below.

I added these lines to wwwsympa.cgi (I renamed it from .fcgi because I
don't have that fast cgi stuff installed on my linux) at line 5217:

#inserted by RGR to fix permissions
system("chgrp -R sympa /home/sympa/expl/");
system("chmod -R a+rwx /home/sympa/expl/");
# system("ls -la /home/sympa/expl/ > /tmp/sympa_ls2");

The need to do that is probably a result of how Debian is set up, not
a problem with sympa. I tried to make sympa and www-data be members
of each other's groups, but I still haven't gotten it right because I
had to do this.

Olivier> 2.
http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node12.html#SECTION001210000000000000000
Olivier> 3. did you create a dedicated subdirectory in expl/ for
Olivier> the virtual robot ? with the right privileges on this
Olivier> directory ?

I followed this originally, except I obviously made no sub-directory
for the virtual host. I'm fixing that.

Olivier> 4. did you define a robot.conf for the robot ? with the
Olivier> right privileges on this file ?
Olivier> 5. did you set the 'http_host' parameter in the robot.conf ?

It appears I got those parts right the first time.

After fixing these things it appears my setup will eventually work. I
still have permission problems in that the three user accounts
involved, Debian-exim, www-data, and sympa, can't read each other's
files and create msg files in the spool unreadable by one of the
others. This is more of a Debian problem than a sympa problem.

--Rob

P.S.

After writing that, I did eventually get everything working. I did it
by putting lines in sympa.pl and wwsympa.cgi that chmod'd and chown'd
all files correctly via sudo, and setting up sudo to allow those users
to do it without a password.