en - Re: [sympa-users] question re. shared web privileges

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] question re. shared web privileges
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:54:49 +0200

Sympa document repository only has 3 privileges notions :
  1. edit : who can create or edit a document
  2. read : who can read a document/directory
  3. access : who can change privileges on a directory/document
(1) and (2) are defined using authorization scenarios, whereas (3) is hardcoded (list owner or document author).

To achieve your goal, you should set "who can edit" to "subscribers". Each newly created file will inherit from the privileges of the container directory (ie "subscribers"). But the document author has the "access" privilege and can therefore restrict "who can edit" to "list owner and document authors".

address@concealed a écrit :
I've just been trying to set up a shared web for a list I run.

It looks like setting "who can edit" to "list owner and document authors"
does not show the upload screen to subscribers, while "restricted to
subscribers" does.

So... how does one:
- allow subscribers to upload new documents, and then edit only the ones
they post?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites