en - Re: [sympa-users] Find forwarded address: VERP? Customized delivery?

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: S P Arif Sahari Wibowo <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Find forwarded address: VERP? Customized delivery?
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 11:21:01 +0200

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo a écrit :

Let me repeat: do subscriber certificate have anything to do with bounce management?

No

If you don't want sympa to remove subscriber where remind message is bounced, do not
set the "reminder_return_path" parameter.

I need to have bounce management done using VERP or other customized delivery
method (since many of the members will use alias / forwarded e-mail), but I
don't want it to be direct kill (any bounce will result on immediate
dismissal), either the MLM study the bounce message to determined the
severity of the bounce (but not the address, the address is determined from
the VERP), and/or MLM sent out several warnings in several days period before
removing the address.

I guess sympa doesn't have this capability as yet? Where should I start to
look if I want to add this capability?

The bounces analysis and VERP-based subscriber removal is performed by the bounced.pl daemon.
If you want to add VERP to messages distributed in mailing lists, that's a bigger job. There should be some changes in smtp::mailto() (look at the smime-related code in this function).

If you wish to go on this code-design discussion then it should move to the sympa-dev ML...

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites