en - Re: [sympa-users] Find forwarded address: VERP? Customized delivery?

  • From: S P Arif Sahari Wibowo <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Find forwarded address: VERP? Customized delivery?
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:36:13 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites wrote:
>bounced.pl must be installed and running.

Let me repeat: do subscriber certificate have anything to do with bounce
management?

>If you don't want sympa to remove subscriber where remind message is
>bounced, do not set the "reminder_return_path" parameter.

I need to have bounce management done using VERP or other customized
delivery method (since many of the members will use alias / forwarded
e-mail), but I don't want it to be direct kill (any bounce will result on
immediate dismissal), either the MLM study the bounce message to
determined the severity of the bounce (but not the address, the address is
determined from the VERP), and/or MLM sent out several warnings in several
days period before removing the address.

I guess sympa doesn't have this capability as yet? Where should I start to
look if I want to add this capability?

Thanks!

--
Stephan Paul Arif Sahari Wibowo