en - Re: [sympa-users] Find forwarded address: VERP? Customized delivery?

  • From: S P Arif Sahari Wibowo <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Find forwarded address: VERP? Customized delivery?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:20:33 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites wrote:
>Both because current versiuon of Sympa use a single SMTP call for a lot
>of message subscriber delivery. Anyhow we will change this and current
>version of Sympa use encryption based subscriber certificat which is a
>kind of "selective customized delivery" (the way to deliver one diffrent
>message per subscriber allready exist and will not be too difficult to
>extend foir VERP and message customization.

Subscriber certificate will be fine. In some cases it can be better than
VERP (harder to be faked). It will be nice if the certificate can be use
by the user to do administration or login or at least find his/her e-mail
/ login name, but most people have hard time to find their e-mail from the
VERP, anyway.

So this subscriber certificate is in version 4.1.1?

>Yes, if you set "welcome_return_path unique" and/or
>"reminder_return_path unique" and plussed aliases, bounced will remove
>each subscriber where welcome / reminder message bounce.

After enough warning and waiting time, I presume.

>I do not understand why to do it (you can ajust the bounce euristic
>changing some parameters) but it is possible just changing the aliases
>so bounced.pl will not receive bounces.

Well, I have this one list where most of its member use alias. So normal
bounce processing has little use.

>Reminder every 3 day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make it nice, of course. :-)

--