en - Re: [sympa-users] Find forwarded address: VERP? Customized delivery?

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: S P Arif Sahari Wibowo <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Find forwarded address: VERP? Customized delivery?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:21:07 +0200

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:

Hi!

Do sympa have mechanism to track a subscribed address when an address
subscribed to a sympa list actually an alias / forwarded to another
address, and then the actual address bounce? Maybe using VERP or other
customized delivery?

If the mechanism exist, can we set it up so sympa can still do some grouping? Maybe something like selective customized delivery?

This feature does not exist in current Sympa version.

I think sympa also use the reminder messages to do this tracking. But
there can be quite long between reminder messages.

Yes Sympa use VERP for reminder (and welcome) message.