en - RE: [sympa-users] user-table?

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] user-table?
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:25:25 -0800

Chiming in: The only thing sympa looks at to send messages or
generate subscriber lists is subscriber_table. The user_table just
stores persistent data on each user that's independent of any list,
like their password, to keep such information consistent across the
server. (Full name should also be in that category, but the
situation is complicated by the need to duplicate it in the
subscriber_table for use in sorting subscriber lists, and there
doesn't seem to be any real synchronization of this data in the two
tables, alas.)

Users in the user_table who do not also appear in the subscriber_table
(ie. are not on any lists) are eventually purged from the user_table
by sympa automatically, once a month.

ab
* Electric Embers: Powering the fires of change *
* Web, Email, List, and Antivirus/Antispam hosting for the community *
* http://electricembers.net Member of http://techunderground.org *