en - Re: [sympa-users] user-table?

  • From: Michelle Murrain <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] user-table?
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:43:05 -0500

At 11:34 AM +0100 1/19/04, Thomas Barth wrote:
Hi?

What is the user-table for? It doesn't make any sense that all
subscribers from file are also imported to the user-table.
All subscribers have been imported from file as described in the docu
chapter 6.5.1.

address@concealed John Doe
address@concealed Mary Wonderland

To import data I use the import option of sympa

cat my_subscribers.txt | sympa.pl --import=my_testlist

Why are subsribers equal to users?

I can't speak of your importing issue - I'm not sure what the problem is there. But the point of having two tables is that the user table holds information specific to each user, like language, name, and password. The subscriber table is for stuff particular to each list. like the date they subscribed, their visibility, etc.

It might not be exactly the way I would have done it, but it makes lots of sense to me.
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain
mmurrain at dbdes dot com
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575
SMS: 4132226350 at messaging dot sprintpcs dot com

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." - Satchel Paige