en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and SuSE

  • From: Benjamin Geer <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and SuSE
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:44:12 +0000

address@concealed wrote:
I am installing Sympa on SuSE 9.0. When I run the init script /etc/init.d/sympa start, I recieve error:
./sympa: line 19: /etc/init.d/functions: No such file or directory

/etc/init.d/functions does not exist on SuSE.

/etc/init.d/functions is a Red Hat-specific file that contains functions used to start and stop daemons. The corresponding thing on Debian is the start-stop-daemon command; you need to find out how SuSE does this, and modify the init script accordingly.

Ben