en - Re: [sympa-users] One time expiration

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Elijah Saxon <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] One time expiration
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:12:30 +0100

Hi Elijah,

I'm afraid the 'expire' process is not working in Sympa, though it is documented...

When we've introduced the task manager in Sympa we needed to validate it first with a "not too dangerous" function and 'remind' represented less risks than 'expire'. We will fill this gap ASAP.

Elijah Saxon wrote:

I would like to be able to force a one time expiration of a list. Once in
a while, we suspect list owners of not getting prior consent before they
add subscribers to their lists. Rather than just shutting down the list,
we want to 'expire' the list (ie send a notice to all the subscribers that
they must reply to or get unsubscribed).

I tried this out as a task:

\title.us forced expiration, 2 weeks notice

/STEP1
@selection = select_subs (older (execution_date))
send_msg (@selection, expire_warning2)
next ([execution_date]+2w, STEP2)

/STEP2
@selection = select_subs (older (execution_date))
@deleted = delete (@selection)
send_msg (@deleted, expire_deletion)
stop ()

I tried putting it in ~/spool/task/0.STEP1.forcedexpire.testlist. This
does not work, I think because task manager requires the task be set in
the config file (at least after the first step).

Is there a way to do this? If not, what should I modify to be able to do
this?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • One time expiration, Elijah Saxon, 12/03/2003
    • Re: [sympa-users] One time expiration, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 12/03/2003