en - One time expiration

  • From: Elijah Saxon <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: One time expiration
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:40:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I would like to be able to force a one time expiration of a list. Once in
a while, we suspect list owners of not getting prior consent before they
add subscribers to their lists. Rather than just shutting down the list,
we want to 'expire' the list (ie send a notice to all the subscribers that
they must reply to or get unsubscribed).

I tried this out as a task:

\title.us forced expiration, 2 weeks notice

/STEP1
@selection = select_subs (older (execution_date))
send_msg (@selection, expire_warning2)
next ([execution_date]+2w, STEP2)

/STEP2
@selection = select_subs (older (execution_date))
@deleted = delete (@selection)
send_msg (@deleted, expire_deletion)
stop ()

I tried putting it in ~/spool/task/0.STEP1.forcedexpire.testlist. This
does not work, I think because task manager requires the task be set in
the config file (at least after the first step).

Is there a way to do this? If not, what should I modify to be able to do
this?

many thanks,
-elijah