en - Re: [sympa-users] personalized mail

  • From: serge <address@concealed>
  • To: Kristen Chapman <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] personalized mail
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:20:02 +0200

Kristen Chapman wrote:

Hello -

I believe the reason Sympa doesn't currently allow for personalized email is a load issue, not spam. The problem with personalized messages is that you can only send a single message to every single subscriber - whereas with a generic message, you can send one message to a group of addresses.

Having said that, though - I also need to send out personalized content (I need to set up a unique unsubscription link in the bottom of the email). I know this is a feature that is on the To Do list - but I'm going to see if I can tweak Sympa to do this in our installation. If I have any luck, I'll forward a description of what I did on to you. If anyone else has already done this, please share how! :-)

Thanks!

We known that many users needs personalized content. Current version of Sympa allow this only using the "remind" command (you can rewrite the remind.tpl in list admin section). We will do something regarding this topic. Some guys ask to be able to parse a message using vars extracted from some external database ; this seems quite difficult to do , maybe we will star with some more simple features.

Regards
Serge