en - Re: [sympa-users] personalized mail

  • From: Kristen Chapman <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] personalized mail
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:22:31 -0400

Hello -

I believe the reason Sympa doesn't currently allow for personalized email is a load issue, not spam. The problem with personalized messages is that you can only send a single message to every single subscriber - whereas with a generic message, you can send one message to a group of addresses.

Having said that, though - I also need to send out personalized content (I need to set up a unique unsubscription link in the bottom of the email). I know this is a feature that is on the To Do list - but I'm going to see if I can tweak Sympa to do this in our installation. If I have any luck, I'll forward a description of what I did on to you. If anyone else has already done this, please share how! :-)

Thanks!

- Kris

Kristen Chapman
OSDN