en - Re: [sympa-users] personalized mail

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] personalized mail
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:47:35 -0400 (EDT)

> On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 04:53 AM,
> address@concealed wrote:
>
> > i need to send a mail to our intranet users like this:
> >
> > hallo user <cn>,
> >
> > your data has been automatically loaded to our new
> > corporate intranet. plz go to http://our.intranet.com
> > and login to activate your account.
> >
> > Your username is <uid>
> > Your password is <pwd>

Unless I'm misreading your inquiry, it looks like you need to send a
single personalized message to each new user - rather than personalizing
each message sent to a list.

This is exactly what happens when a new subscriber joins, or is added to,
a sympa list - they get a welcome message that includes their username
(email address) and password.

You can customize the welcome message to a list through sympa's list admin
page.