en - Re: [sympa-users] help w/ virtual hosts

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] help w/ virtual hosts
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 15:09:10 +0200

Miles Fidelman wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Olivier Salaun - CRU wrote:

The default robot and the
lists.neighborhoods.net Virtual Robot should have :
    * different host parameter (used to determine the robot when
receiving emails)
    * different http_host parameter (used to determine the robot on the
web interface)

It obliges you to have a ?dummy? (not used) default robot (sympa.conf).

for the dummy robot, can the host and http_host parameters be for a non-existant domain?

We had some problems with that, having a few messages from sympa@null sent.
Therefore we use 'listes.cru.fr' whereas the Virtual Robot is 'cru.fr' (no message should be sent to address@concealed or address@concealed).

(2) Another solution is to have :
    * lists.neighborhoods.net as the default config (sympa.conf)
    * lists.munitelecom.org as the only Virtual robot

We adopted solution (2) for our own ML server (7 Virtual Servers)
because it provides more flexibility to define defaults compared to (1).

I think that's what I'll do. It lets me avoid dealing with moving a
couple of lists from the default robot to a new robot.

Sorry I meant the opposite : we use solution (1) :)

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites