en - Re: [sympa-users] help w/ virtual hosts

  • From: serge <address@concealed>
  • To: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] help w/ virtual hosts
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 07:57:11 +0200

Miles Fidelman wrote:
Hi Folks,

I've just upgraded from Sympa 3.4.4 to 3.4.4.1

While doing so, I've changed the configuration from a single server to two
virtual robots.

I think I'm doing something wrong in configuring things.

1. I'd like the first virtual robot to retain the lists and configuration
of the original single-server configuration.  I've created a etc/list
subdirectory and a robot.conf file - but when I go to that domain, I'm
getting only the config info from /etc/sympa.conf - it's not getting
overridden by etc/list/robot.conf -- what am I doing wrong?
Let's say the cirtual robot is for domain civicorg.net : you have to create etc/civicorg.net/robot.conf and expl/civicorg.net/<listname>
The virtual domain to use is chooseen
  • by sympa.pl using the queue program argument which is the list adress but not the listname. using aliases *
mylist:|..../queue address@concealed
  • by wwsympa.fcgi using the SERVER_NAME cgi environement variable compared with each robot.conf  http_host parameter

2. The 2nd virtual robot seems to be working properly, but... my email
address and password seem to be carried over from the old setup.  Do
virtual robots share the same user/password database? Is there a way to
have completely separate user/password spaces?
This is a feature not a bug. If you need completly separated database you need to install sympa twice on the same server