en - Re: [sympa-users] help w/ virtual hosts

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] help w/ virtual hosts
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:13:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Olivier Salaun - CRU wrote:

> (1) Your sympa must be confusing the default robot and the
> lists.neighborhoods.net V. Robot
> because they have the same IP domain.

Ahhh.. that explains it.

> The default robot and the
> lists.neighborhoods.net Virtual Robot should have :
> * different host parameter (used to determine the robot when
> receiving emails)
> * different http_host parameter (used to determine the robot on the
> web interface)
>
> It obliges you to have a ?dummy? (not used) default robot (sympa.conf).

for the dummy robot, can the host and http_host parameters be for
a non-existant domain?

> (2) Another solution is to have :
> * lists.neighborhoods.net as the default config (sympa.conf)
> * lists.munitelecom.org as the only Virtual robot
>
> Did I make it clear ?

Yes, thanks!

> We adopted solution (2) for our own ML server (7 Virtual Servers)
> because it provides more flexibility to define defaults compared to (1).

I think that's what I'll do. It lets me avoid dealing with moving a
couple of lists from the default robot to a new robot.

Regards,

Miles Fidelman

The Center for Civic Networking PO Box 600618
Miles R. Fidelman, President & Newtonville, MA 02460-0006
Director, Municipal Telecommunications
Strategies Program 617-558-3698 fax: 617-630-8946
address@concealed http://civic.net/ccn.html

Information Infrastructure: Public Spaces for the 21st Century
Let's Start With: Internet Wall-Plugs Everywhere
Say It Often, Say It Loud: "I Want My Internet!"