en - Re: [sympa-users] help w/ virtual hosts

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] help w/ virtual hosts
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 14:09:31 +0200

Hi Miles,

(1) Your sympa must be confusing the default robot and the lists.neighborhoods.net V. Robot
because they have the same IP domain. The default robot and the lists.neighborhoods.net Virtual Robot should have :
* different host parameter (used to determine the robot when receiving emails)
* different http_host parameter (used to determine the robot on the web interface)

It obliges you to have a «dummy» (not used) default robot (sympa.conf).

(2) Another solution is to have :
* lists.neighborhoods.net as the default config (sympa.conf)
* lists.munitelecom.org as the only Virtual robot

Did I make it clear ?

We adopted solution (2) for our own ML server (7 Virtual Servers) because it provides more flexibility to define defaults compared to (1).

Miles Fidelman wrote:

I've done that.

My server started out without virtual robots, configured to be named
lists.neighborhoods.net, with all it's config info in /etc/sympa.conf.

Then I created
./etc/lists.neighborhoods.net
./etc/lists.munitelecom.org
each with a robot.conf file and associated aliases

Going to http://lists.munitelecom.org/wws works fine.

But going to http://lists.neighborhoods.net/wws behaves as if I had not
created ../etc/lists.neighborhoods.net or its robot.conf file.

Any thoughts?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites