en - Highly dynamic lists?

  • From: John Dalbec <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Highly dynamic lists?
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 11:55:41 -0400

I have Sympa 3.3.3 in production currently. I was trying to send e-mails to several groups of people by creating a single list and updating the SQL query for each group. However, when I updated the SQL query, sympa kept using cached data for the mailing list. I dropped the lookup timeout to 1 second and that seemed to help, but shouldn't Sympa recognize when the configuration file has been updated and refresh the in-memory list of addresses? Does the in-memory list of addresses have a timestamp? Does 3.4.4.1 fix this?
Thanks,
John Dalbec