en - Re: [sympa-users] Highly dynamic lists?

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: John Dalbec <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Highly dynamic lists?
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:31:08 +0200

John Dalbec wrote:

I have Sympa 3.3.3 in production currently. I was trying to send e-mails to several groups of people by creating a single list and updating the SQL query for each group. However, when I updated the SQL query, sympa kept using cached data for the mailing list.

You're right, we're lacking a members cache update after data_source related parameters were changed. It could either be performed by wwsympa.fcgi itself (if the job does not take too long) or ordered to the task_manager.

I dropped the lookup timeout to 1 second and that seemed to help, but shouldn't Sympa recognize when the configuration file has been updated and refresh the in-memory list of addresses? Does the in-memory list of addresses have a timestamp?

It would be an interesting information to show on the admin web interface ; please add an entry to the "bug tracking" system about this feature : http://listes.cru.fr/mantis/

Does 3.4.4.1 fix this?

No this behavior has not changed since Sympa 3.3.3.
We planned some work related to include2 for Sympa 4.0, including merging 'database' and 'include2' concepts.

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites