en - Re: [sympa-users] Mailmerge feature?

  • From: Stewart James <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Mailmerge feature?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:32:51 +1000 (EST)

Hoping this helps :)

> Do you know of any other software that does mailmerge ?
CPAN Module Bulkmail

> What database do you need to link with (SQL, LDAP,...)?
Something like this would be both for me LDAP with dominance, byt
basically it would be a great feature to have tie in with whatever sympa
supports already (file/DB/LDAP)

> Where would you define the DB query (list config/message itself)
config with "markers" in message e.g. {NAME} - {PHONENUMBER}

> How do you imagine variable references in the mail ([myvar]) ?
Usually in a pair of tracksuit pants drinking a beer (no I didn;t
understand the question) :)

Cheers,

Stewart