en - Re: [sympa-users] Mailmerge feature?

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Mailmerge feature?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:26:53 +0200

Hi John,

This feature is often asked to us ; we often fear people need a spam engine but it is obviously not your case.
We have a growing interrest about this feature but we lack some time to define the exact hehavior and code it.

Here is an old post that more or less deal with this :
http://listes.cru.fr/wws/arc/sympa-dev/2001-06/msg00007.html

Let me ask a few questions that will help us design the feature (others might also answer) :

Do you know of any other software that does mailmerge ?
What database do you need to link with (SQL, LDAP,...)?
Where would you define the DB query (list config/message itself) ?
How do you imagine variable references in the mail ([myvar]) ?

address@concealed wrote:

What is the status of mailmerge features? My bosses would like to send an
e-mail with a variable name in the body and have that replaced with the
appropriate value for each subscriber.
Example:
Dear [name],

--