en - Re: [sympa-users] Problems installing, configuring Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Problems installing, configuring Sympa
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:51:55 +0100

I don't think it's a RedHat version problem, we are running Sympa on RH 7.3 ; it works fine.

Did you check access rights on wwsympa.fcgi ?
Did you check Apache log file ?

Kevin McCann wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already checked that. I am going to
uninstall sympa, remove the group/user, etc. upgrade to RedHat 8.0 (from
7.2) , install any necessary Perl mods, and try the Sympa install again.
Somebody recently asked about how to do a clean uninstall that removes
everything sympa-related. I might benefit from the same advice!

I'll let you know if I have any luck. It's actually quite critical that I
get this going. My organisation intends to do some groupware development
around Sympa because of its existing features that make it a better choice
than Mailman (single user/password and easy MySQL implementation are *very*
attractive, for starters).

Also, if time permits, I hope to add to what archived.pl does with message
data (insert directly to DB tables), as was discussed yesterday.

Obviously your wwsympa.fcgi does NOT run as user 'sympa' whereas it should.

If you have perl-suid installed then it might be a problem with wwsympa.fcgi
that could have
lost its SetUID bit. It should look like this :

%ls -l /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi
-rwsr-sr-x 1 sympa sympa 254215 Mar 7 16:36
/home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi*

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites