en - Re: [sympa-users] Problems installing, configuring Sympa

  • From: "Kevin McCann" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Problems installing, configuring Sympa
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 07:09:40 -0500

Hello Olivier,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already checked that. I am going to
uninstall sympa, remove the group/user, etc. upgrade to RedHat 8.0 (from
7.2) , install any necessary Perl mods, and try the Sympa install again.
Somebody recently asked about how to do a clean uninstall that removes
everything sympa-related. I might benefit from the same advice!

I'll let you know if I have any luck. It's actually quite critical that I
get this going. My organisation intends to do some groupware development
around Sympa because of its existing features that make it a better choice
than Mailman (single user/password and easy MySQL implementation are *very*
attractive, for starters).

Also, if time permits, I hope to add to what archived.pl does with message
data (insert directly to DB tables), as was discussed yesterday.

Best,
Kevin McCann