en - RE: [sympa-users] RE: Nested Subject "Re:"s in 3.4.2

  • From: "Jason Wehmhoener" <address@concealed>
  • To: "Tim Kuehn" <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] RE: Nested Subject "Re:"s in 3.4.2
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:08:20 -0800

> Now I could be wrong in that this is *not* the place where the
> custom_subject is inserted, but I haven't seen anything else in the code
> base which fits better.

No, I think you found it. You would definitely need to use a regexp to dump
the offending Re:'s from the subject line. Different email clients place
Re:'s in different places (some even number them like 'Re:[2]' ugh!) so
you'd need a flexible way to find just those Re:'s and dump those while
leaving the rest of the subject intact. Regexp is the way to go for this.

When I'm feeling less lazy I'll toss this question over to sympa-developers
to see what they have to say.

Peace,
Jason