en - Nested Subject "Re:"s in 3.4.2

  • From: Tim Kuehn <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Nested Subject "Re:"s in 3.4.2
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:01:16 -0500

I have version 3.4.2, and while it's working well, it's putting the custom subject at the beginning of every subject line. This causes a problem when people respond to messages because the "Re:" gets put after the custom tag, and they get deeply nested.

Re: [LL] stuf

becomes

[LL] Re: stuf

After a while it looks like this:

[LL] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: stuf

I found the code in Lists.pm where the subject's put in, but wasn't able to get it to leave the subject line alone if the tag was already in it.

Does anyone have a patch or something so I can fix this?

Tim Kuehn