en - Re: [sympa-users] Any Debian users out there?

  • From: Patrick <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Any Debian users out there?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:10:25 +0100

Le 29 octobre 2002 a 16:16, Michelle Murrain écrivait:
> I decided that because of my extreme troubles getting sympa to work,
> that I would start from scratch. I thought that it might be useful to
> start with the debian packages first, since that seemed to help the
> first time.
>
> I'm doing this on two servers at once. Both debian testing (sarge),
> both using 3.3.3-3.3.4b.5-1

[...]

I'm using woody and all is OK with sympa. I just had to install a ldap
package for unknown reason (as I don't want to use ldap and I don't have
any ldap server installed). This package was in the "suggest" section of
the wwsympa package description.

> Box 2:
>
> it can't connect to my database.
>
> I'm using postgresql. I created the database sympa, and a user sympa.
> No passwords to access the database. I go through the configuration,
> and it says:
> I was not able to configure your database because I could not
> connect to the database server.
> Please check that your properly installed and configured
> the database server. You also may have entered wrong parameters at
> configure time.

I had this error too. I finally add a password to access database in
root mode and that works. (I'm using MySQL but it must be a similar
problem).

--
Patrick