en - Virtual robots again

  • From: Michelle Murrain <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Virtual robots again
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:12:00 -0400

OK - I'm lost.

I am trying to set up a virtual robot. the mailing list works fine, but the headers aren't right, nor is the reference to my robot right in the subscription acknowledgement.

I've got a directory called nosi.net in /home/sympa/etc. It has a robot.conf file, with host, http_host, wwsympa_url all configured properly, with the right host and domain.

However, the headers continue to be wrong, as does the link to the wwsympa interface.

The name of the robot in the sympa config is "mail" - where did it get that?
the headers (which are generated off of the robot name?) for List-subscribe, List-unsubscribe, and List-help are sympa@mail, not the full host name in robot.conf (mail.nosi.net). However the List-post and List-Owner headers are correct. And the List-Archive header is wrong - it has the sympa.conf host name, not the robot.conf host name. I did in fact set wwsympa_url in the robot.conf file.

And, the link in the subscription acknowledgement does not point to the wwsympa_url in robot.conf, but to the wwsympa_url in sympa.conf.

So what am I doing wrong?
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
address@concealed http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575

  • Virtual robots again, Michelle Murrain, 08/30/2002