en - Re: [sympa-users] HTML Footer?

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] HTML Footer?
  • Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 12:03:50 +0200

Hi Jeremy,

Jeremy Turner wrote:

> I'm new to Sympa, but I have a decent handle on the config files and
> templates (or so I think). I have a question: Is there a way to add the
> footer into an HTML email? If I understand this right, it is a
> multipart/alternatives mime-type, so I can't. Is there any way around
> this?

HTML email is not necessarily in multipart/alternative format ; it could
be a text/html content-type.

If it is a multipart/alternative message, the header/footer will not be
used (because Sympa would need to encapsulate multipart/alternative into
a multipart/mixed MIME structure).

> Also, if I can't attach a footer to HTML posts, can I force them as
> text/plain?

You can't force convertion of messages to text/plain but subscribers can
set their reception mode to 'text' or 'html' to receive only one version
of the message. In this case, header and footer will be applied.

Eric Sandquist wrote:

> In addition to what he is asking, bcause I have the same issue....
>
> What about having 2 email footers, one that is lost-owner definable, and
> another which is list-master definable and can be added or removed based on
> soem status of the list-owner? This would be an ideal feature, and one
> which I need to have...

Currently only one of owner-defined and listmaster-defined header/footer.
We could imagine a way to define multiple ones indeed, but we never had
needs for that.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités