en - Re: [sympa-users] Syslog and Solaris

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Stephen Braswell <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Syslog and Solaris
  • Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 09:25:15 +0200

Stephen Braswell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone gotten Sympa to log to syslog under Solaris? I set Sympa to
> use one of the local facilities and made the appropriate adjustments in
> syslog.conf but I'm not getting anything in the log file. I've tried both
> the 'unix' and 'inet' settings in sympa.conf and I've turned the debugging
> up.
>
> I searched through this list's archives but didn't find anything.
> Perhaps there is something simple I have missed.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> -Stephen
Did you check sympa FAQ :
In particular http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/fom-serve/cache/83.html

Check Syslog.pm which is bugged (here is the patch we have submitted
to syslog.pm author.

In addition you may have to change line 277 in
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux/Sys/Syslog.pm to
my $syslog = &_PATH_LOG() || croak "_PATH_LOG not found in
syslog.ph";
Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex

  • Re: [sympa-users] Syslog and Solaris, Aumont, 08/05/2002