en - Re: [sympa-users] Re: HTMNL sending ...

  • From: Hans Ekbrand <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Re: HTMNL sending ...
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:04:52 +0100

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 02:24:05PM +0100, Valics Lehel wrote:
> And anyne know if I sending from Outlok Express and used to include image in
> HTML then the background is included and the pictures are not included in
> message. Why's that?

1. That is off-topic.

2. Maybe because the background is a COLOUR, which can be specified
(defined) with HTML/CSS tags. A picture is not a colour, and can only
be defined in HTML by reference (via an URI) to an external file (PNG,
JPEG or whatever). HTML is not a page description language like
PostScript. It's about TEXT, structured hypertext. As far as I know,
there are no valid URI that would point to images included as
attachments in a email letter.

3. I thought sympa was a manager for email lists, you seem to want it
to be a webserver.

--

Hans Ekbrand