en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa bounce types

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: jstrudwick <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa bounce types
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:00:30 +0100

Hi,

Sympa complies to RFC 1891, defining the non-delivery reports (bounces)
format. RFC 1893 defines the Status Codes :
ftp://ftp.cru.fr/pub/reseau/RFCs/rfc1893.txt
More and more MTAs implement this RFC ; this should make our life easier in
the
future.... AOL's MTA implement it BUT the error status are wrong.
Exemple :
AOL refers to a User Unknown as 2.0.0
whereas it is defined in the RFC as 5.1.1
(2.0.0 means a delivery success)

That's the reason why AOL's User Unknon are shown as success.
Blank fields are bounces not complying to RFC 1891 ; Sympa could not
determine their type.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités