en - Re: [sympa-users] Switching from listserv to sympa

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Allison Faber <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Switching from listserv to sympa
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 08:38:12 +0100

Allison Faber wrote:

> I currently have them in MHonarc format, but I can put them back into a
> mailbox format.

Mhonarc FAQ says that you can change the ressource file without having
the original message :
http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/faq/usage.html#orgmsg so you can try
to use mhonarc itself to rebuilt archives. True, but Sympa always build
archive using original SMTP RFC822 format file.
Sympa will need original message when rebuilding archives or when
removing some message.

Don't use Sympa rebuild button because it will erase the html mhonarc
output if you don't
have the original file.

So you need first to convert mhonarc database back to RFC822 files.
Anthony W provides a Perl program called mhn2mbox for converting
archives back into mailbox format. To obtain more information and to
download the program, goto <http://www.albany.net/~anthonyw/mhonarc/>.
First run this script then have a look to arc2webarc.pl script included
in Sympa tarball to ease migration from XX to Sympa.

Serge

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex