devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] any clue about that regexp ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] any clue about that regexp ?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 16:42:22 +0200

> > OK, but for writing the tests you don't need to rewrite the regular
> > expressions.
> Indeed. But I understood Marc did not really want to rewrite the regexp. He
> wanted to know whether the regexp could be summed up as the potential
> rewrite to create the test. This way a twisted way of saying that he wanted
> to understand which test cases he needed to do.

that's it :) as i though i previously said:

* i want to write a test
* the regexp seems unusual to get the job done

so instead of assuming it would be written a better way, i assumed i
missed out the point of writting it this way (and maybe add a comment
on the way it actually work). So i wrote a test to help me to figure
out what was the difference between the behavior i understand
and the actual behavior.

i saw no difference ... so to be sure i missed nothing, i came to you
and ask the question. i still have no answer.

as i tried to explain sooner: my goal is to understand the code to write
a test ...

> But I acknowledge his phrasing could be misguiding. ;-)

at that level? i'm sorry about it but David told the truth.

marc