devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] dotorg Issue #1

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] dotorg Issue #1
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:20:23 +0200

Hi guys!

On 09/06/2018 13:04, IKEDA Soji wrote:
@eiro,

In sympa-communuty/dotorg issue #1, at 2018-06-09 2:54 GMT+9:

the plan during the hackathon was to ask renater to provide an
hosting solution. I handled it and they even made a better
proposition that the one i asked for (they just need time) ....
then someone decided it's not enough ... closing this ticket is a
bad idea but i can provide not even a start of a valid explanation
.... actually it sadden me.
Really? I haven't known there is a plan to "ask renater to provide
an hosting solution", before I read this comment by you. Why didn't
you write it in the first comment in 2018-05-24?

Anyway, let's assume you are right. It follows that David wrote a
lie in hackathon report. --- Because he didn't state, merely suggest
that there is such a plan. Otherwise, did you wrote a lie?
Yep, that's right, I'm a fucking liar. :-P
;-)

I guess the fact was neither.
Indeed!
Maybe the fact was that ---

- Someone(s) told about preparation of infrastructure;
- a few of them probably imagined names of providors;
- however, there was not in-depth discussion among attendees to
choose particular providor.

- You heard it, and _believed_ RENATER is the best providor. Then
you requestd RENATER for VM and DNS RR as soon as you could do.
Honestly, I recall that we agreed on asking a VM from RENATER. But, mainly because most of the attendees don't share your doubts about RENATER, we did not think it would be a problem and there was no real discussion about it. Namely: some don't care, some know that RENATER failed last year but trut them (as I do) that they want to make up for theri past errors.
And also because, well, if we can have free and secure hosting for the Sympa infrastructure, we didn't think more.
Actually, eiro informed me that most of the demands you had regarding the CM were met.
But maybe we could discuss it in an issue or something? I fear that, on the mailing list, we will have difficulties to have a structured discussion on the topic of web hosting.

Best regards !

David

Would you please think over --- what did go wrong?

*

I'm sincerely sorry you feel sad. However, I think it is not my
fault. As long as you behave like this time, you will be rolled up
in similar frictions any times.

Therefore, I want to ask you for two points:

1. Please understand that your belief is not always thought of
everyone else.

Anyone cannot know what you are thinking in your mind, nor why you
are thinking such, unless you explain.

Before argueing "I believe it SHOULD be ...", please spend enough
time to explan "I think ... BECAUSE I think ...".

2. Please try to share your time with others.

Probably, you are interested in whether your plan will be
supported by others or not.
However, others spend their time to hear your opinion and to
examine it. Stating your opinoin is naturally consuming time of
others.

In fact, if your proposal was objected, you occasinally leave
discussion, and when you want to request something, you come back.
Such behavior is the same as unilaterally taking over time of others.

Before telling what you want to tell, please spend your time to
hear what others are telling.

If you really wish success of Sympa community, please keep above in
your mind.

Regards,
-- Soji

Though I don't say I usually behave as I wrote. ;-)
Aaaaah...

--
"Mieux vaut viser la perfection et la rater que viser la médiocrité et
l'atteindre."