devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Sympatic unicode ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Sympatic unicode ?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 18:08:01 +0900

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 09:03:03 +0100
"Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed> wrote:

> On 02/27/2018 10:12 AM, Marc Chantreux wrote:
> > hello people,
> >
> > i really thing Sympatic should use
> >
> > use utf8:all;
> >
> > or at least
> >
> > use utf8;
> > use open qw< :encoding(UTF-8) :std >;
> >
> > what is your opinion about it ?
> >
> > regards,
> > marc
> >

> I'm for using UTF-8 all across the board if possible, we just need to
> understand the consequences. I suppose the
> database already use UTF-8 encoding, what about the config files and other
> files Sympa reads/writes?

Currently, these files assume UTF-8 as contents:

- Config files (any files placed under /etc/sympa and under each
list directory, excluding shared document)

Also files in list configuration templates

- Web & mail templates, including mhonarc-ressources.tt2

- Scenario files

- Task files (title can contain UTF-8 string)

In short, probably all!

However, I think cares to be took reading these files. Only using
:utf8 (or :encoding) layer seems not perfect solution for me. I'll
post in another day.

Regards,
-- Soji

--