devel - [sympa-developpers] thanks for using english (Re: Path::Tiny as dependency ?)

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] thanks for using english (Re: Path::Tiny as dependency ?)
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 18:36:49 +0100

> > i'm really sorry to read that. i don't reply from sentence to sentences
> > but i try to summarize answers to make them as clear as my english could
> > do. if i missed a point that could be important to you, just tell me.
>
> Surprising. French looks somewhat alike English for me that I can
> vaguely understand french sentenses says (well, I have read
> "The earth of humans" with japanese translation).

french and english share a common, old, hypotetical root
(indo-european) but english and german are from west german branch when
french is from the italic ones. i suppose the only thing we don't have
to learn when starting english is the alphabet.

french are well known for their terrible accent and i really learnt to
speak english when i joined the perl community.

> write a mail, I use dictionary nearly word by word and it takes time.
> I guess you may write in English better than me.

I don't think so: yours looks good to me (much better than some french
ones) but still i know my english is far from perfect.

i would be really curious to have a thought from a native speaker.

anyway: thanks everyone for using english as no one has it as mother
tongue.

regards