devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Does compose_mail page interpolate TT2 tags?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "IKEDA, Soji" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Does compose_mail page interpolate TT2 tags?
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 14:28:12 +0200

https://sourcesup.renater.fr/tracker/?func=detail&atid=167&aid=8633&group_id=23

>> I propose to remove the description (and the feature, if it is
available).
> Er... Yes, is is implemented.
> However, to get it work, you need to switch the "merge" list parameter to
'enabled'.

I found it! It was absolutely unexpected for me... Bulk::store() performs
merge_feature.

> Or, it may be implemented with the option to switch it on/off.

After playing with it, I still think this feature is confusable.

* Almost all messages related to a list with merge_feature "on" will be
interpolated, ...even the service messages!

* TT2-like (but syntactically invalid) texts cause errors and make message
bodies empty.

This means that, when a user unintentionally includes brackets and percent
signs into any of message, list subject, gecos of subscriber etc., somewhat
misterious shall be occur.

Regards,

--- Soji