devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[7978] branches/sympa-cleanup/src/lib/Sympa/Tools/SMIME.pm: [dev] unify module documentation as POD-formatted content, after module code

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[7978] branches/sympa-cleanup/src/lib/Sympa/Tools/SMIME.pm: [dev] unify module documentation as POD-formatted content, after module code
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:06:54 +0900

Hi,

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 12:11:12 +0100
David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> Étienne and I are quite found of this version. Call us lazy, but we
> think we'll be more inclined to keep the pod up to date if it is just at
> the top of the function.
> But there are four of us. Let Soji give his advice about the question.

I prefer to PODs on each top of functions. It will make the
refactoring easy. Full documentation may be extraced from
sources anytime it is needed.

I suppose perlpodstyle man page would be useful.

<<snip>>

> Something else. In order to officialize your contribution to the
> project, I modified the Authors page of the Sympa web site:
> https://www.sympa.org/users/authors

# Ah... It is honor to me to be listed in Sympa authors, but,
# I'd like to be treated equally to other noteworthy authors...

<<snip>>

Regards,

--- Soji