devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[7978] branches/sympa-cleanup/src/lib/Sympa/Tools/SMIME.pm: [dev] unify module documentation as POD-formatted content, after module code

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[7978] branches/sympa-cleanup/src/lib/Sympa/Tools/SMIME.pm: [dev] unify module documentation as POD-formatted content, after module code
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 17:27:15 +0100

Le 21/11/2012 12:11, David Verdin a écrit :
Hi Guillaume,

Étienne and I are quite found of this version. Call us lazy, but we
think we'll be more inclined to keep the pod up to date if it is just at
the top of the function.
But there are four of us. Let Soji give his advice about the question.
OK for me, I'll just reformart the documentation in place now.

By the way, Marc Chantreux asked me whether he could have his own branch
to work on Sympa. I'm sure happy to see him work on Sympa as he seems to
be a very skilled perl developper. However, I told him to wait a little,
until the trunk has received the merge of Guillaume's work.
OK, I'm finishing the POD cleanup part, and we should have a first mergeable milestone.

He seems to have pretty solid ideas about how to code in perl. I wonder
whether we should invite him to our ongoing debate about coding standards?
No problem for me. However, you'll quickly realize than the more experts you have, the more difficult it is to find a consensus...

Something else. In order to officialize your contribution to the
project, I modified the Authors page of the Sympa web site:
https://www.sympa.org/users/authors

I wanted to make it clear that you are as much authors as the RENATER
team is, even though we still host the project and are considered
responsible of the quality of the code released.
That means you definitely have your say on how and when Sympa must evolve.
Even though I like the way we all tend to suggest instead of demand. :)
You cshould have mentionned how much I can be painfully fussy in technical discussions, to balance this impressive resume of my wonderful talents, but otherwise that's fine for me :)

--
Guillaume Rousse
INRIA, Direction des systèmes d'information