devel - [sympa-dev] new Drupal module, SOAP questions

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] new Drupal module, SOAP questions
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:12:26 -0400

Hey all. We're putting the finishing touches on a Sympa control module for the Drupal CMS, which we will make public and upload to the Drupal module repository as soon as it's ready. It required adding a couple of new functions to the SOAP interface (getTopics and getTemplates, to allow the Drupal module to populate its list creation page with the valid topics and list templates for a robot), so we will be submitting a revised sympasoap.pm very shortly. The module is very basic so far, but I think it could be the beginning of a very productive and exciting addition to the Sympa world.

But the main reason I'm writing is: I notice that even on a high-powered server with cache_list_config set to binary_file, where wwsympa.fcgi loads in just a few seconds, the SOAP server still takes quite a long time to load -- nearly 1 minute for us. Is there a known reason for that? Is it not using the cached binary list configs, and is it supposed to be? We have ~3500 lists.

Thanks for any insight.

adam