devel - Re: [sympa-dev] help Customizing wwsympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Thomas BIZOUERNE <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] help Customizing wwsympa
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 17:01:15 +0200

Thank you for your answer Sébastien,

I know we can use the WS to build a new user interface, but we really want to avoid that, because it will take too much time to develop all the features allready available in WWSympa.

Indeed, our aim is just to simplify some features (not so many customizations needed).

Thomas.

2011/4/5 Sébastien Santoro <address@concealed>
Good evening,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Thomas BIZOUERNE
<address@concealed> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We set up a web portal for students and teachers (High School), and the need
> of mailing lists is coming...
> We chose Sympa 6.1.4 to manage our futur lists, but we need to simplify the
> wwsympa user interface because it is to complicated for our High School
> teachers.
>
> I started to remove/hide some things :
> (...)
> All that was pretty simple, but now, I want to group all the
> "edit_list_request" page parameters on ONE page. Indeed, i don't want to have
> 5 or 6 groups of params : "description", "sending" etc...
> (...)
> Is it possible to modify this page according to what I want ? Or must I create
> a new custom action ? (if yes, how can I access the list parameters ? is there
> any pre-defined variable containing the parameters ?)

Another approach could be to design your own user interface, and then
use the SOAP webservice to interact with Sympa:
http://www.sympa.org/manual/soap

This also have the benefit to be a more flexible solution, which
allows tighter integration with your web portal.

--
Sébastien Santoro aka Dereckson
http://www.dereckson.be/